Whether you’re opening your first hair ob beauty salon, refurbishing your salon, on opening your hundredth salon, you’ll want to make sure that you have everything your staff need, and your clients expect.
Here’s what you need to consider.
1. You’ll want the right sort of chairs, so that your beauticians can carry out their treatments, and for clients to sit in whilst having their hair cut. With different sizes, styles and colours available, you’re bound to be able to find the chairs for your salon.
2. Your reception furniture is important as it is the first impression of your salon that your clients get. If your sofa is old and worn out, or the chairs are mismatched and wobbly, it won’t fill new clients with confidence that you can cut hair or perform treatments well.
3. Treatment couches need to be comfortable so that clients can relax fully whilst they are being pampered. Choosing adjustable couches will mean that your beauticians will be able to be at the right height to work their magic.
4. Your styling chairs need to be adjustable, and comfortable too. With some clients spending a long time seated whilst having their hair done, they’ll need to be able to relax, and let your hairstylists get on with creating the right look.
5. If you’re offering products for sale, or have product literature, then you’ll want to make sure that you have some display stands. Giving products their own space can help make them more attractive and desirable, so that you can encourage more people to buy them, or take a brochure.
6. Your salon hairdryers need to be top quality, as they will be in use, all day every day. As well as performance, you’ll need to thing about weight, nozzles, and cord length, so that your hairdryers have all the flexibility you need for drying hair in your salon.
7. Ensuring that you and your staff have the right hairdressing scissors is important. You’ll need your staff to have a range of different sizes, styles and perhaps left handed scissors as well.
8. Hairbrushes and combs can also make a difference to a hairstyle, and you might want to offer brushes for sale to your clients, as well as making sure that your stylists have the right brush for the hair style they are creating.
9. If you offer hair removal in your beauty salon, then you’ll want to make sure that you have the right sort of products, whether you offer waxing or electrolysis.
10. You might offer tanning products, such a spray tans or self tans, and tanning accelerators. You’ll want to know that you’re offering a good quality tan, whether you’re spray tanning in a booth, or your clients are using self tan at home.
Now you know more about what sort of hair and beauty products you need, have you got the right salon equipment?